Enthalpy’s CEO, Paul harper, presented at the 2019 Mineral Systems of the Pacific Rim Congress in Auckland earlier this week. The presentation covered Improved Reporting of Mining Feasibility Study Results.
Purpose of our proposal
The share market and mining companies have recognised that greater transparency disclosure is required in the promotion of mining projects to attract a larger proportion of investment funds available in the equity market.
“We propose an improved process for greater transparency around
disclosure and use of Feasibility Studies (FS) to enhance and attract
investment confidence in the resources industry”
Improved reporting of mining “Feasibility Study” results
So why are so many projects failing?
• Fail to establish core technical aspects of geology, mining, metallurgy at study phases
• Ignoring the sustainability and licence to operate aspects
• Prefeasibility studies failing to rigorously find the best investment case
• Thinking bigger will be better – chasing economics by only upsizing the project
• Assuming optimistic commodity prices for the life of mine
• Producing flawed feasibility studies in the rush to get into production
• Not integrating studies at technical, project and business levels
• Inadequate project implementation planning
• Assuming project management should not be difficult
• Not conducting good quality reviews during the study and implementation phases
• Failure in project controls leading to surprises for company directors
• Believing that things go smoothly with a project.
We are not only letting down investors but our industry as well.