The Contracts and Procurement System (CPS) mandates the approach that should be adopted for implementation of contracting strategies, followed by the tendering, award and administration of contracts. It provides the basis for investigating, evaluating, recommending and managing the contractual process.
All activities related to preparation and calling for tenders, assessment of tender responses, and the award and administration of contracts shall be carried out in accordance with the policies of the CPS.
The CPS is made up of:
- Policy Statement and Manual – documents that mandate the systematic approach to contracts and procurement
- Minimum Standards – mandatory practices that must be applied during contracts and procurement phases
- Toolkits – recommended tools to assist with application of the CPS
- Knowledge Portal – reference documents that inform the application of the CPS
- Archived Documents – examples of contract templates.
The Enthalpy Contracts and Procurement System
The objective of the CPS is to ensure that a contracting strategy for selection, implementation, formation, award and administration of tenders is carried out in a consistent and professional manner. This policy manual, together with the the CPS components, represents best practice in ensuring the entire contractual process is handled in a professional and legally sound manner.
The CPS allows you to:
- Align contracts with business development strategy
- Strategically select the appropriate contract that is fit for purpose
- Compare and consider all alternatives and then fully optimise the selected contracting strategy
- Identify, quantify and rank the risks of competing tenderers for selection of the most appropriate tenderer for the purpose
- Base tendering and administration decisions on consistent and prescriptive minimum standards
- Follow comprehensive procedures to reduce the potential of future litigation
- Develop contracts progressively through five phases of development.
Learn more about the Contracts and Procurement System by contacting us.