Accurate cost estimations can make or break a project – and estimating in the resources sector calls for specific knowledge unique to our industry.
AusIMM, the peak body for people working in the resources sector, is offering the next round of the ‘Cost Estimations for the Resources Industry’ short course, commencing on 25 October, 2021.
Facilitated by Enthalpy Chairman and Founding Director, Neil Cusworth, the course offers the opportunity to refine skills with a program designed specifically for the resources sector. Neil will be joined by other experienced industry leaders, each sharing insights from various operations case studies.
Delivered online over four weeks, the course will gives the foundational tools and techniques to perform capital, operating and business cost estimations – from scoping to feasibility studies, drawn from the AusIMM Cost Estimation Handbook.
- The purpose, characteristics and terminology of cost estimates in expenditure decisions and project studies
- Methods for estimating capital, operating and business costs
- Accuracy, contingency, owner’s costs and timing
- Estimation techniques, shortcuts and checks
- Benchmarking to validate cost estimates
- Estimating costs for emerging technologies.